24.7.10

La Luna

This is not a time to be afraid - doors are opening now and it's time to walk through them.  Our world is in a state of terrible dysfunction and a rebalancing is necessary. Any fears and areas of discomfort that arise now are emerging so that they can be seen for the shadows that they are rather than the experiences of reality that we believe them to be.

The planetary events in June will teach us, if we allow them to, what is real and true in our lives and what is illusion. In order to achieve this we need to accelerate our spiritual practice and learn to maintain presence and breathe through any situation that we encounter. The flow of breath through our bodies is the anchor that links us to our higher self and assists in the transition into the higher realms.


In my opinion, this month is the peak of the intensity. Let's approach it as an opportunity to break through barriers of mind and body, and to allow our higher selves and guides to facilitate real transformation now.


from  "Capricorn Full Moon eclipse June 26, complete with Grand Cross"
http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologicalmusings/2010/06/capricorn-full-moon-eclipse-ju.html


*******************************************************************

Another full moon is upon us.  I thought things would have settled by now - the world would be calmer, my friends and family in a better place, my future mapped out.  Yeah, things are better, but they are nowhere near "settled."  In fact, things seem to be more complicated.

You see, during the last full moon, a rare and strange phenomena occurred where the moon, stars and planets aligned in what some astrologists call a grand cross. This planet is doing something in opposition to the other planet.  This star is doing something to that star and so on.  Nothing was where it was supposed to be in relation to the other thing.  Too complicated for this mind.  I posted the link to the article about this above.  Interesting but I couldn't go beyond the first paragraph.  What did catch me and has stayed with me was the last 3 paragraphs of this article.  That I included here because they speaks volumes to me.

In May and June, friends and I noticed that things were weird for a while - people were making unusual choices, the earth was literally falling apart (let's not forget the oil well catastrophe in the Gulf) - it just felt plain crazy.  Well, one person told me about this strange astrological phenomena which led another to find this article.  I thought, "Aaaah, that explains it.  And according to the article, June is the most intense peak of the madness."

It's been intense.  So much has happened in one month.  I have discovered truths about myself that opened me up.  Letting go of Z was a huge step.  Because of that, my soul has opened up and I can breathe better.  It's so strange how the relationship between Z and I has shifted even though I have said absolutely nothing to him directly about letting go.  Somehow he knows that things have shifted.  In the last month, he insists on holding my hand whenever we're out - even trying to hang on while we walk through a crowd or down the stairs.  It's as if he knows that I've let him go and he's afraid that I've completely let him go.  I'll never let him completely go.  I just needed to loosen the tie so that he can grow and I can grow.  Now is a time of adjustment on how we can be mother and son in this next phase of our lives.  Sweet - but oh so frustrating at times.

I'm witnessing how friends and family members are struggling to work their way through this time of adjustment.  It's creepy but we can reflect on the oil spill in the Gulf to teach us something about ourselves.  There are so many lessons to be learned.  Right now, BP and our government and agencies are madly struggling to cap that oil well in the Gulf.  It's almost as if that mess is a metaphor for what we as individuals are going through.  As huge as the mess is, the clean-up is huger.  The madness of the mess is that it could have been avoided.  How?  Simply by being honest about how vulnerable the well is, how shortcuts were being taken so a bigger profit could be made, and so on.  This disaster was caused by people being selfish and self-serving - make the most money however and whatever it takes with disregard for lives and ultimately, creation.  It could have been avoided by just simply being truthful and respectful.  Sounds like us, no?

Be truthful and respectful to yourself, others around you and ultimately, creation.  It's simple yet so complex.

I'm not a believer of astrology but the grand cross phenomena has caused me to wake up.  Perhaps the moons, planets and stars are determining our paths and we should keep track of them?  That's too simple.  I can't blame the moon, stars and planets for my choices.  I, and I alone, am responsible for my actions - and the consequences.  It's scary and overwhelming.  Especially when you're not sure if your actions are going to reap joys and rewards, or pain and punishment, or a combination.  The worst is when we can't see clearly enough to see our own actions and what possible consequences come along with them, so then we make bad choices for ourselves and others around us.  That's one of our greatest gift.  Making choices.  Free will.

So as we continue through this time of adjustment - which really never ends - just heightened for me because of the grand cross, I'm more conscious to be reflective about the choices I make.  No, I don't pine over my outfit everyday, concerned about how that choice will affect me.  But I do pause to reflect on how my choices will affect my future, and also, turn around to reflect on what I've done and figure out what could be done about some regretful choices to change those consequences.  Lots to be done.  It's so exciting.  May we all be blessed in this journey called "My Life."

4 comments:

  1. Jeannie, I love your optimism. I have to tell you something. That day you posted your Letting Go note on FB, I totally misread the intent of it. I started reading about Z's medical history, and I thought you were telling us all that he had suffered a terrible tragedy or died. I became absolutely hysterical, sitting at the computer and crying. Colum came into the room and started reading over my shoulder. He had to explain to me it was all right, everything was actually all good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope, thanks. Blogging has been good for me. Helps me to put things into perspective. I've always credited myself for being able to see the cup half full, and not reflect on the half empty part. So easy to get dragged down.

    Z's story could've been a tragedy. I'm sorry for making you cry and thank Colum for setting you straight. My baby has taught me the greatest lessons of my life, especially to not take anything for granted. Hope Hope comes to town soon or maybe us nyc'ers need to make that road trip up to you soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to think of all the things I'm grateful for today, instead of all the things that I'm drowning in. there's a lot, I guess.

    I would love to come for a visit. I know you're having a bday party in August. there's remote possibility....

    Otherwise, a road trip up here would be welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope,
    The party's been cancelled because my plate is too full. But come for a visit or we'll figure out a road trip soon.

    ReplyDelete