7.7.10

My Dedication

You may wonder why I've dedicated this blog to my SoulSister and not my husband, children, parents, sister, brother or even named friends. I won't name my SoulSister because that's hers and hers alone to share. I can only share why I dedicated this blog to her so here it goes.....

*********************************

Dear SoulSister,

You're the reason why I'm blogging. I never thought I had anything worthy enough to share with the world but you made me realize my worth. You gave me the gift of me. Thank you.

We connected under unusual circumstances but that's how I think the most valued and profound connections are made - unusually.

You've been asking me what you have done for. Well, let me tell you. You came into my life to transform me. Because of you, I have been transformed.

You took me to places I never thought I'd go. You made me do crazy things I never thought I'd do. You bought words and thoughts to my lips, mind and heart I never knew were there. You bought out the best in me in the worst of times. You opened my soul to the universe and God.


I'm so sorry it's your pain that bought all of this out of me. But in life, it's often tragedy that brings people together. It's in that moment of desperation that people come together. We know that we have to rely on each other to get through the crap. Your pain became my pain. Remember that moment when I broke down for a brief moment? It was magical. Painful, but magical. I didn't know we were going to become as deeply connected with each other as we are right now. I just knew that we had become connected. I never had that gift from anyone else. For that I am so utterly, shamelessly, completely grateful.

It's strange and wonderful how strangers mistake us for a couple. It's the best compliment I've received about any relationship I've ever been in. It means our connectedness can be seen by others.

I struggled for a while what to call you. Ours was not a mere friendship and we were not destined to be lovers. I called you my SoulMate for a hot second but that never felt right. Then someone talked about sisters and it struck me who you are to me, SoulSister. Feels so right, feels so good. The only unfinished business about this is that I don't know how you feel about this label. It's deep, it's heavy. I know. And I know you probably can't take on anymore right now - you've got enough deep, heavy to deal with. It's ok because I've been blessed to find my SoulSister and that's more than I probably ever deserved. Love you.

Love,
Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment