A wise friend told me that blogging is a spiritual exercise. She is right. It is that and so much more.
Blogging is spiritual. It has made me reach deep into my soul and ponder the mystery and beauty of her. It put me in touch with the Spirit in a way I never knew She could be reached.
Blogging is exercise. That it is. It's been exhausting. I didn't realize until the last post I put up. I literally collapsed on the bed - exhaulted and exhausted. Drained. It's exercise for the mind and soul. As much as it takes out of me, blogging is making my mind and soul healthier.
My mother once suggested that I keep a journal to document my life, especially the lives of her grandsons. She was proud of them and didn't want me to lose those precious stories as they accumulated. I could not be motivated and was actually too overwhelmed with the daily care of 2 additional lives that I never had time or energy to do that. Now it's time.
Time and energy has been freed up to journal my life. I started "blogging" with notes on FaceBook. (These will be put up here since they really were my first blogs. Just didn't know then that they were actually blogs.) For a few days, I had been posting vague and strange status updates which began to alarm friends and family. I felt bad for alarming those closest to me - some even reached out, asking if I was ok. Instead of getting back to each concerned person, I decided it would be more "efficient" to put out a note - this way I could update a bunch of people at once. Plus, frankly - I didn't want to repeat the same story over and over. I didn't know being "efficient" was going to make more work for me but here I am. I've created a blog. And feeling oh so good and right about it. Thanks to all who signed up as followers! Let's see how many I can get - tee hee. So if you haven't, please sign up - cuz I wanna know how many of you are really reading this.
Blogging is a discipline. It requires intentionality and deliberate effort. Gotta carve out time in an already full schedule to do this. Be thoughtful and not just put out the first thing that's on my mind. It's been strange how letting ideas float around in my mind and soul produces worthy blogs. None of this is spontaneous - all these thoughts have been cooking and fermenting for a while. It takes work.
Blogging is contagious. Since I've started blogging, friends who hadn't blogged for a while have been putting up new blogs. So glad I joined the community of blogging. We can sustain each other to be bold and utterly, shamelessly, completely us.
And so begins this journey in my life - blogging. It's good for my soul and mind. Hope you get as much out of my blogs as I have. Peace and love.
hi jeannie, let's see if this works.
ReplyDeletehope
It does, Hope. I'm learning. Thanks for be the 1-2-3 testing, testing one.
ReplyDeleteFollowing!
ReplyDelete